I have experience in many areas of mechanical engineering and manufacturing at the highest levels. Previously completing major base engine components for advanced engine projects for firms such as Toyota Motorsport GmbH, Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains Ltd and Jaguar-Landrover.
Experience with investment casting, to aerospace welding to clean sheet powertrain projects give me a uniquely broad field of experience to draw upon. I have also been involved in a new cam-less valve actuation system
which I presented at the 2019 Aachen Symposium for Combustion Control, with a paper “iVT, Intelligent Valve Technology: Development of a 16 Valve Cylinder Head” – co-authored with Roger Stone.
In addition to being qualified to obtain Civil Aviation welding approvals, I also have both Bachelors and Masters engineering degrees. Tribology is a particular interest and my undergraduate thesis on gearbox efficiency will was published by IMECHE Journal of Engineering Tribology, in April 2015 issue.
I have several articles published in engineering trade magazines Race Engine Technology and Race Car Engineering, and am an expert on the history of piston engine development, which I have given technical lectures on to the following firms.
- Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains, UK – 15/07/2017
- Renault-Sport Formula One, Viry, Paris, France – 13/12/2017
- Toyota Motorsport GmbH, Köln, Germany – 08/03/2018
- Scuderia–Ferarri Formula One, Maranello, Italy – 18/09/2018
- Modena University, Italy – 17/09/2018
- Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, UK – 21/11/2018
- Renault Sport Formula One, Enstone, UK – 12/10/2018
- Rolls-Royce Plc, Derby, UK – 17/04/2019
- Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team, Brackley, UK – 24/04/2019
- Cambridge University Whittle Laboratory – UK – 29/05/2019